It’s that time of year again. The time when a (relative) site overhaul is a necessity! Okay, so it was more like a face lift. Not that much was changed, at least when it comes to site mechanics. Visually, on the other hand, long time viewers should see a big difference. (I hear one young woman even found it necessary to gasp at the difference a simple theme can make!) I’ve been toying with a few new ones that I downloaded from WordPress, and this one seems to keep the clean feeling that I like without being so bland. Now for the customization. At any rate, the full change list is below.
- Blendered a custom header!
- Upgraded WordPress to Version 2.71
- Changed themes
- Added a sticky plugin, for announcements and sticky posts.
- Activated the ScratchSpace (think Facebook Wall) feature. This one is pretty cool. It’s over on the top of the right hand column. Type something, and it updates automatically. You can just type simple things like comments on the blog or site in general, or you can use it to chat with other users who are currently viewing the site. (Hint, Hint. Use it to let me know what you think of the new theme!)
- Cleaned out some old plugins that had become outdated, were taking up space and memory, or just didn’t serve a purpose any more.
- Reviewed, cleaned up, deleted, and updated the information on some of the pages.
- Toying with the idea of a single ad placement. It currently resides in the side bar, and I don’t think it takes away from the site any. This site costs a decent chunk of change to keep running on a yearly basis, so if you could find it in your heart to click an ad once in a while it would be much appreciated.